Monday 10 September 2012

I am the Nerd

During my school days, I was considered a nerd. Only because, I wore glasses and I was a book-friendly person. I found it irritating in the beginning, but gradually grew used to it and took it as a compliment :P. The meaning of being a nerd is entirely different now, its considered cool (at least acceptable). Nerds are no more the outcasts in a class/group. Nerd frames being a style statement since few years, being a nerd (or looking like one) is very much stylish.                                                                                                              

Coming to the outfit, it's from my personal lookbook (I am self-obsessed when it comes to pictures :P). These pictures were taken in July,2012. I was going through the album recently, thought this would make a perfect outfit post and here it is! This frame happens to be one of my favorites (I keep switching between frames to make wearing specs interesting and stylish). I wore the same frame here too.
Excuse me for the picture quality. All the pictures are taken from my phone.




MPF Style Tip: To give structure to a loose shirt you can wear a cropped jacket over it. You can also wear a well-fitted shirt as a jacket, like I wore here. Layer your jewelry, even if they're statement pieces! Just make sure all the layers get attention.



I mixed silver and gold. Yet again ;)


Yes, I don't mind giving silly expressions :P

I am wearing:
Floral Shirt: Sarojini Nagar
Shirt (worn as a jacket): Janpath
Necklaces/Ring/Cuff: Deepika Designs
Clutch: Gift
Jeans: Lee

"What others think of you is none of your business"
If you wish to order any jewelry by Deepika Designs. Mail me at deepikagill@deepikadesigns.com.

Much Love,
Deepika :)

20 comments:

  1. love ur choice and dress sense deeps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. like ur silver jewellery

    http://www.myfashionbaye.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how you have layered your jewelry, Deepika! And your ring and cuff, you're definitely very talented! I've always been a big fan of nerd looks and big frames, and yours with that added pop of yellow is super cute!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jenny :). I've recently grown fond of the nerd frames :)

      Delete
  4. hi, im following u. u can follow me at
    myfashionbaye.blogspot.in. do visit my FB page.wud love ur feedback:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! Love the glasses and accessories!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog! A Pretty Little Mess- First Giveaway- Win Personalized Products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Dilli Haat ! I like the whole idea, love the bangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Dilli Haat Sonal :). Thanks a lot! :)

      Delete
  7. love the glasses ! Incidentally my last post was about layering too !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Surbhi :). I've been missing on the blogs...will follow up soon!

      Delete
  8. Im liking the look.....yeah nerds are cool now...being a specks girl thru school and college... i hated specs....but now flaunt them...not on the blog though :)


    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...I can totally understand the disliking...I have them since 8th standard in school... but I always loved them :)

      Delete
  9. Awe very cute photo! And nerds are the best, don't let anyone tell you otherwise =)

    xx Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with the glass. And that silver and gold mixing...whoa girl...you rock !! :)
    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete

Share your Thoughts :). Let me know if you have a blog, I'd love to visit.