Sunday 16 June 2013

Life in the (First Compartment of Delhi) Metro! - Part 1

All you gals (well, all the Delhi gals) must have traveled at lease once in the first compartment (the women only) of the Delhi metro. It's a different world in itself, full of girls! I spend almost 2 hours everyday, 12 hours a week in the metro, so it has become an inevitable and a very important part of my life. I see a lot of new and some same faces everyday travelling via metro. But, there's something special about it that's makes me write this post.


I randomly took the above picture yesterday, then I thought why not write a post about it? Traveling in the metro can be quite fun and entertaining. If you too travel in the Women Only compartment then you might have seen/met the following people:

The Loudspeakers: The gals who talk non-stop on the phone and in a very loud (well, unbearable!) tone. No matter how much you stare at them, makes faces, do whatever, they just ignore all the gesture.

The Chooda Gals: The type of gals I love staring at, I love chooda (for those who don't know, they are red and white bangles that the newly weds wear). Just yesterday, I saw 5 gals wearing chooda on my way to work.

The Readers: (I being one of them) The girls who dig themselves into novels/newspapers/text books/tabs reading something and ignoring everything/everyone around.

The Fashion Disasters: Dressed head to toe in the same color, shoes, bags and even hair band, all in that same color.Well, I don't think I need to describe them further, we all know them!

(to be continued...)
This is a never ending list that I'll continue (this and a lot more) in the future posts. Below is the picture of the necklace I wore yesterday!

Via Instagram

And I liked the Grazia this month, its all about embracing the denim pants (which is supposed to be my favorite piece of clothing). Also, the wedding book (which came with the Vogue) offers interesting info on jewelry and clothing for the brides-to-be, one of my friends being one of them, loved it.


Any funny metro experiences? Please share :)

Much Love,
Deepika




1 comment:

  1. I know what u are talking about, though i have never traveled in the ladies compartment, but would love to experience one day !
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    New post up !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete

Share your Thoughts :). Let me know if you have a blog, I'd love to visit.