Tuesday 7 August 2012

DIY: Recycle your Jewelry (Part 1)

The Damaged Earrings

This pair was gifted by my bhabhi (sis-in-law) on my 19th birthday. When it comes to jewelry I am a Keeper. I like to 'preserve' my jewelry as long as I can and when its gifted (as in this case) I take double care of it. But what can do you do if you lose a part of it or it is damaged. The most common problem with the earrings is that you lose one of them but in my case one of my enameled earring decided to shed off its enameling (jewelry can have its own mind you know :P). One of the earrings was intact and the other lost all of it (the enameling!), so I decided to recycle the other one like below:





You'll need:
1. An old pair of earrings
2. Chain (you can use one from an old necklace)
3. Some beads (if you're feeling more creative :P)
4. Jump rings (these too you can use from old pendants/earrings)
5. Eye pins and pliers



 You can make a simple necklace necklace by making the earring as the pendant. Remove the earhook and put a jumpring into the earring and then put the pendant into the chain and its done!


OR

You can get a bit more creative and put some beads into the necklace as well. To do this put the beads into the eye pins like so:


Now loop the beads and add them to the chain and you're done :)


And here's what the final piece looks like. The earrings are now a necklace!

The Result

If you have any questions you can comment below or mail me at deepikagill@deepikadesigns.com

Hope you guys find it useful. More parts coming soon!!

Deepika

2 comments:

Share your Thoughts :). Let me know if you have a blog, I'd love to visit.